Holy hell has it already been over a month since SXSW? Shit. Well. A lot has happened as per usual & I’ve been a giant fail when it comes to blogging. Here’s yet another bullet-pointed list to get you caught up & to remind myself that I’ve actually done something between now & then. Ah, memories:
- The last of SXSW! I got to interview Kitten & Charli XCX
- A whole boatload of music features with rad bands for SFAppeal: JAN, The Last Bison, Heartless Bastards, King Khan & BBQ Show, The Veils, Tartufi, The Airborne Toxic Event
- All sorts of other goofy (& newsworthy!) stories for SFAppeal, which you can catch up on here.
- Quite a few album reviews with everyone’s favorite mxdwn: The Mary Onettes, Wavves, Smoke Fairies, The Black Angels, The Thermals, Mudhoney
- Joy of all freakin’ joys: I got to review the incomparable Charles Bradley’s latest album for Antiquiet, which you can read right here.
- I gave y’all a boatload of recommendations for the free & fun French Quarter Fest: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4
- A real treat for me: my guest blog post for Melissa Gutierrez. Read it here.
I also wrote some hard news articles with Louisiana Weekly but this is a mostly music writing blog. If you’re that curious, just ask & you shall receive. Same goes for the other weird shit I’ve been up to. Did I tell y’all I kicked ass at air hockey on birthday? Because I totally did & this is important.
Now, I can’t promise much because I’ve been ultra-crazy busy but I am looking to finish a few reviews for this blog & write more personal things that are better than roundup posts. Cross your fingers & toes, y’all.